Wednesday, August 20, 2014

To Rug Or Not To Rug?

Today one of my clients called me and asked me if her 30 year old daughter who is remodeling her apartment should keep her gray stained concrete floors or replace a section of those stained concrete floors off  her entryway (which will house a baby grand piano) with carpet. I was surprised. For the last few years my clients were only calling to ask me to rip out their carpet and replace it with either wood floors, natural stone floors or stained concrete floors - so I wondered if people are beginning to want a softer, more comfortable look or if my client was just not familiar with the new anti-carpet trends. I decided to be honest and told her that in my opinion, if her daughter wanted to carpet her bedroom, I'd agree that was a good idea but that most people and especially most young people today prefer stained concrete floors over carpet. I recommended that if she wanted to soften up the look of the stained concrete, that her daughter get a rug to put underneath her baby grand piano. And since her daughter is young and fun, she should purchase a fun looking rug like this marvelous purple zebra rug that I saw at Post Modern Traditions in the Design Center today. I think purple and gray look wonderful together so this rug will look fabulous atop gray stained concrete floors and I think the fact that the rug has black accents means it would complement and look fabulous sitting underneath an ebony baby grand piano! What do you think? Let me know at beverlyvosko@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home