Monday, August 2, 2010

I agree totally with Material Girls "Reinvented chairs"... I also adore chairs: big chairs, small chairs, tall chairs, in fact.. all chairs. I love the book "Chairs" by Judith Miller..When I was a little girl, I used to walk up and down Madison Avenue in NYC and gaze into the windows of all the Antique shops, drooling over the magnificent Antiques - especially the sets of English Period Chippendale Dining Room Chairs that I saw inside. As life would have it, I moved to London, studied at Sotheby's London, became an Interior Designer who specialized in Antiques, and was lucky enough to find and purchase a harlequin set of 11 1760's English Chippendale chairs, which I still own and cherish. Did you know that most chairs made today are adaptations of Period Antique Chairs? Period Chairs. be they English, French or American, gave us the great designs that inspired many of the chairs made today - we just pared them down and gave them cleaner lines...But I totally agree - that "old style" fabrics make even the most beautiful chairs look dated.. while putting a "new" trendy fabric on them, gives them new life and makes all the difference! www.vosko.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home