Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Living it up in New York!


Last Thursday evening I was honored to be invited to a cocktail party hosted by the French Trade Commission- Ubifrance and Veranda Magazine at Maison France in NY. Considering the fact that I live in Houston TX, and was only in NY because I was teaching the Period Rooms at the Metropolitan Museum the next day, this was a very special treat! I flew in and arrived at La Guardia airport at 5 PM, got to my hotel at 6 PM, dropped off my bags and went directly to 10 West 56th Street to the Felissimo Design House to "see what I could see". The furniture on view was AMAZING! There was a magnificent Louis XVI style "Chest of Drawers Rousel" that could have been made by Louis XVI's Ebenist du Roi Henri Reisner and found in the French Period Rooms! This gorgeous 3 panelled commode/chest has beautiful rosewood, fruitwood, mother of pearl, and ivory inlay displaying an Italian landscape including a styalized version of the Castle of Saint Anne in Rome, a lovely Sarrancolin marble top and finely chiseled gilt bronze mounts that look like jewelry including rosettes, garlands and musical trophies. WOW! Up until now I didn't think we could make furniture to equal that made in the Golden Age of Furniture which is France existing from 1643- 1830, but now I may have to change my mind. What do you think? Isn't it lovely? All I need now is a client who wants to purchase it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home